Wednesday 6 January 2016

Glam Nails Challenge: Paisley

Prompt number two for this month's Glam Nails Challenge, which is paisley. I wasn't looking forward to this prompt as I think of paisley as intricate and detailed, two things I'm not very good at.

Overall I went with a plain black and white theme, almost like a colouring book.



My base coat for this design was two layers of BarryM's Cotton.


I then used my cheap MUA black polish from Superdrug to draw on the pattern. On each nail I began by painting a c-shape, with one side slightly more curved than the other.


This then is shaped into what I can only describe as a speech mark shape, by making the curve more rounded and by drawing a diagonal line to meet up with the curve.


I then added design in all of them, I did my pinky finger first and didn't like the design too much as the white wasn't quite dry. Each kind of had a theme, so for my pointing finger I when with dots, the middle finger I chose a seashell, and my index I chose lines to mimic the shape.


These are by no means perfect, but for a first attempt I think they are alright.


No comments:

Post a Comment