Thursday 9 July 2015

Nail Fail

Day Nine of the OMD3 Nail art Challenge theme is Pattern. So for this I decided an identical pattern on each nail would look great and so went with stamping just one colour over another.

I did this the night before around 6 o'clock to ensure it dried before I went to sleep. However, one of the pitfalls of all this polish and designing is that you never know when disaster will strike, for me that was today as I woke up.

I didn't take any photos of my manicure before I went to sleep as the lighting was too bad to get a good shot that wasn't mainly shadow. If I had thought about it I should have got my lightbox out and taken a good photo, but hindsight is such a gift.

SO as it turns out my nails weren't dry after 4 hours of drying and so I ended up with marks all over the surface which was such a shame.

I hate it when this happens as it's so unpredictable and as much as the texture would add to some designs to this one it just looses the pale pink stamping over the top.



Hope none of you do your nails only to find them destroyed the next day, hoping that it's just me this happens to. It may be time for me to find a great fast dry topcoat.

No comments:

Post a Comment