Sunday 29 May 2016

HPB Presents Neon Lights

Hello again.

Here's to another month of Inlinks with a lovely group of nail bloggers from the Hobby Polish Bloggers group page on Facebook. After last months failed attempted at joining in I thought I was long over due joining in on one, can you believe the last one I did was in November? This months theme was 'Neutrals and Neons' and here's what I created:





Initially I had no idea what I was going to do with this theme. Neutral... and Neon? This combinatio just seemed so far out of what I'm used to, but I did find that I had this gorgeous neon pink colour from a competition I won last summer. It's the shade party monster by Black Cat Lacquer. To make it really pop I did two coats of this polish over a coat of white polish.


I've found that the way I've stored this polish, on it's side, has made the confetti in it settle to one side. This means I was able to use the polish only with just a few of the littler confetti pieces. I liked this as I find that the bigger pieces are just too big and don't sit right on my curved nails.


I then placed a quick dry topcoat over the top and as that dried I cut out little strips of cellotape, placing them onto my mat to take away a little bit of stickiness.


I then placed these onto my nails using tweezers and coated with a dark grey polish that I had picked up at Primark. Grey can be a neutral colour right?


Again using the tweezers I removed the strips of tape from the nail, peeling back the grey polish and revealing the pink. Often I find if haven't used a quick dry topcoat the polish underneath with actually come up with the tape too, leaving a line of bare nail instead of polish. Remove the tape while the top colour is still wet, here I did 2-3 nails before removing the tape strips.


And then I added a topcoat, any will do at this stage, it's just to smooth it all out and cover the little ridge the tape will have created.


be sure to check out all the other designs in the inLinks below, just clicking on the design you like will take you to their blog page to get more information.




2 comments:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Neon lights

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. custom neon signs for room

    ReplyDelete