Thursday 24 December 2015

HPB Presents: Christmas Dot Design

Hope everyone's having a nice holiday period. This design is hard to explain as it's literally just a series of dots. I searched the internet for christmas patterns and just attempted to copy some of the patterns there, using my dotting tool and some appropriate colours.


So each hand is slightly different, but they were both painted with the same MUA White polish to start with.


Pictured is two coats of the polish the polish is quite streaky and so the two layers still did not create an even colour. I didn't think it was too bad though as I knew I'd be added a lot of pattern over the top.



Here's just a few of the patterns I created. The tree shown here I'm very pleased with, as it's just the right size. On my other hand I attempted to make it slightly bigger but, as you'll see, it no longer looks like a tree. 



So my design isn't the best, as always I feel. So below is a link up with a lot of other active nail blogger designs from this year. Hope you enjoy and spread the love. :)



5 comments:

  1. Cute mani! I love how the colors pop against the base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the blue and red were slightly translucent on their own but worked so well over the white.

      Delete
  2. dots are so fun! I love that you created images with them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I figured I wouldn't be able to draw the shapes with a paintbrush.

      Delete