Tuesday 10 November 2015

Poppy Fields

This week falls on the anniversary of the end of World War One and here, in England, this is marked with Remembrance Day. On the 11th day of the 11th month, at the 11th hour there is a one minute silence in honour of those who fought in the war and those who continue to fight for their country. This year the ceremony was on Sunday the 8th, just yesterday at my time of writing. In honour of this I used the emblem most associate with this day, the poppy, and recreated a design I have seen from Chalkboard Nails, who used lavender as her flower.


To begin the design I used my Ruby Wing polish, In your Dreams, and painted the whole nail. This polish is supposed to change colour but I think where I used to store it was too hot and has stopped that from happening now, so I use it as just a light grey, slightly blue colour.


Next I picked up my slightly cut striping brush and dipped it in Revlon's Sassy, and painted lines on the bottom of my nail. This was to become the field in which the poppies grow.



Using a two headed dotting tool, each head being a different size I created the poppy petals. The bigger dotting size, I used first randomly placing dots in the grass.


I then went in with the other side of the tool and placed another dot slightly off centre.


In the middle of this I then added a small black dot using the smaller end of the dotting tool.


Over all of this I then added my top coat, I did this a little too quickly and managed to smudge a couple of the poppy insides. 


I learnt from my mistake on the other side and waited slightly longer before putting the topcoat on.







No comments:

Post a Comment