Thursday 11 June 2015

New Nail Space

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. I've been moving back to my home town as it's the end of my first year at uni. Although it has been about 10 days since my last post it does now mean that I have more polishes and tools to use for my tutorials and blogs.
This post will just be a little tour around the space that I've sorted out.

Starting with the basics,the space itself used to be a computer desk and a bathroom cabinet that I picked up from the tip and changed the hinges so it could open further than the previous ninety degrees. The slide out draw that used to house the computer keyboard is now where I store my painting surfaces so I don't damage the wood.




On the very top of the desk I have my tools and files in two separate boxes. Below this are glitters and cotton buds as well as some mini speakers so I can listen to music while I do my nails.

On the very top on the cabinet are tiny accessories like fimo rods, sequins, beads, glue and stampers. Inside the cabinet house all of the polishes I own in some kind of order, on top are plain polishes, below are topcoats and shiny polishes. The nail art polishes do the opposite so on the bottom shelf are plain colours and above are shiny and glitter polishes. This is simply because there are too many shiny and glitter ones to have all on one shelf.



Just outside the cabinet are pots of even more glitter that I sometimes mix with clear gel to create a glittery gel.

The doors of the cabinet have more gems and little stamping plates attached so I can see easily what patterns I have.

My paintbrushes live in cut up cardboard tubes that have been cleaned out and covered. One even has foam in the bottom so they don't stick to each other when using uv gel for my manicure.

A small bucket next to the desk has cotton wool pads and nail varnish remover as well as fake nails for when I'm feeling really lazy or want to attempt extensions.

That is pretty much it that I keep in this space, I keep my uv lamp and gels in a cool dark place as I do not want them to dry up too quickly.

Hopefully in the next few days I'll have another nail design up, but until then, hope you enjoyed this post!

2 comments:

  1. That looks so tidy! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I definitely find it helps to keep it tidy, if not I constantly mess up my nails looking for the right bit :)

      Delete