Tuesday 28 April 2015

First Blog Post!

First Blog Post! 

Hi there, I'm a student in Bath and I wanted to share with you how I create my nail art at a fraction of the price of what it would cost to have them done professionally.

I'm starting off with a cute tutorial on creating Minion nails, I created these a few months ago and posted a video online detailing how I did them. The link is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhoGahSiAYE
All you need is bottles of polish in Yellow, Black, Blue and White and a thin paint brush or cocktail stick. 

The first step is to paint your nails yellow, in the video I use the thin paint brush to do this as my yellow polish did not come with a brush, feel free to use the brush that came with the polish (It will be much easier). Repeat with a second coat if the first isn't as opaque as you would like.

Add a line of black in the top third of the nail, this will be the eye glass holder. In the middle (for one eye, or off centre and repeat for two) of this line you will then need to add a white dot, with the brush and then a black dot, with the cocktail stick or the thin paintbrush, on top of this to create the eye. 
Next paint the bottom part of the nail blue to create the minion's suit. Some blue polishes may require a white polish underneath to make it seen on top of the yellow, however, I used the Miss Sporty Range of Polishes and this was opaque enough to not need a white base coat or two coats. 
In the space left in the middle of the face you need to draw on the expression of the minion this can be done in a variety of ways, the simplest would be to put black polish onto your cocktail stick or thin paintbrush and create a happy smile. 

Hope you enjoy this and I will be back with more!
NailDesignByRhiannon

No comments:

Post a Comment